What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal data we collect depend on the circumstances but only when there is a legitimate business requirement.
The personal data that we may request includes but is not limited to (individually and collectively referred to as “Personal Data”):
- Information you provided: We may collect and store the personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes personal identification information, such as your name, identification number, date of birth, phone number and COVID-19 vaccination status or records. We may request further information about your gender and age, and other demographic information such as academic qualifications, occupation, job details, and preferences.
- Information we received from other sources: We may gain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, sub-contractors, credit reference agency and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include (but are not limited to): updated delivery and address information, updated phone number, and additional demographic information.
- Information about others: We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each recipient.
How do we collect personal information?
We use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on our site.
- Information collected automatically: We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies: We may use standard internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to collect information which record how many people are using our website and how many of our users are using or visiting the websites of our advertisers and sponsors. Web beacons also allow us in monitoring how many people open our emails.
- Information collected by third-parties: In the course of serving advertisements, the advertisers on our website may use information (including your name, address, email address or phone number) in relation to your visit and other websites to provide advertisements from other websites about goods and services of potential interest to you.
What do we do with the information we gather?
SCC is a membership organization fostering closer business links, economic understanding and co-operation between Singapore, Hong Kong, China and other areas in the region. To establish channels of communication and maintain ongoing dialogue among its members, we must maintain contact information on our members and the wider business community.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- provide information, publications, benefits, assistance and services by email, postal mail, phone or send newsletter about services that may be interest to you from us or third parties;
- provide information about our services or events that may be of interest to you;
- register you for an event, and to organize the event efficiently, successfully and safely;
- manage attendance in events where requested by the Singapore / Hong Kong Government as part of epidemic or public health contact tracing measures;
- for marketing purposes by Singapore Global Network;
- deliver our services and the products that you have requested;
- notify any changes to our services;
- develop and display information and advertisements tailor made to your interests on our website;
- perform research and analysis for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- enhance the quality of our website to ensure that content is displayed in an effective manner for you; and/or
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do. so.
With whom do we share your data?
We share your personal data with third party service providers and agents who work on our behalf and provide us with services. These parties include:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including, but not limited to our professional advisors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you), or in relation to any ancillary requirements
- event organizers for events held by SCCHK;
- advertisers that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose identifiable personal information, but we may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect. We may share the aggregate information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to:
- comply with applicable legislation and regulation or respond to valid legal process, including form law enforcement or other government bodies;
- assist the Singapore / Hong Kong Government in the prevention of COVID-19 or other epidemics or public health crises;
- protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud; and/or
- maintain the security of our services.
How you can access your information?
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong, you are entitled the right of access including obtaining a copy of your personal information held by us and the right of correction to require us to correct any information relating to you which is inaccurate. Should you wish to exercise your rights, please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to charge a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you where that is permitted by law.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
Your personal data may be collected on a voluntary basis for member registration and some other services. You may choose not to provide us any or certain information, but that may result in your request being unable to be proceeded.
We may conduct direct marketing about our business partners’ and/or our goods and services via any means of communication or send newsletters to you with contact information provided by you. At any time you choose not to receive any promotional materials from us, please notify us via email at email@example.com or mail at Unit 702, 7th Floor, China Hong Kong Tower, 8-12 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
How do we store and secure your personal information?
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and managerial procedures) to prevent and minimize the risk of authorized access to personal information.
Although we take steps to secure your information, the internet is not a completely secure medium. You should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
No Rights of Third Parties
Copyright 2021, The Singapore Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong), All rights reserved.